2012-09-01: The Pink Floyd (September);
2012-09-02: Putting the Plan into Action;
2012-09-03: Why Americans Must End America’s Self-Generating Wars;
2012-09-04: Empire Embarrassed: The Anti-Empire Report;
2012-09-05: Constitutional challenges ahead;
2012-09-06: Jiddu Krishnamurti;
2012-09-07: Troubled Seas: Japan’s Pacific and East China Sea Domains (and Claims);
2012-09-08: Why America and Israel Are the Greatest Threats to Peace;
2012-09-09: Petition: Stop Animal Cruelty at MarineLand;
2012-09-10: How LOW Cholesterol Can Harm Your Health;
2012-09-11: The writers’ revolution;
2012-09-12: President of Italy’s Supreme Court to Refer 9/11 Crimes To International Criminal Court;
2012-09-13: European Luminaries Reflect on Euro;
2012-09-14: Education Apartheid: The Racism Behind Chicago’s School Reform;
2012-09-14: 50% des médicaments sont inutiles;
2012-09-15: Progressives Must Move Beyond Occupy;
2012-09-16: various videos remaining on my dashboard;
2012-09-17: Chicago Teachers Union Sellout;
2012-09-18: G. Edward Griffin on YouTube;
2012-09-19: No DNA link to Assange in condom central to sex assault case;
2012-09-20: Unlimited Liability: German Parties Offer Rival Interpretations of Euro Ruling;
2012-09-22: The Global Economy Sucked into the Black Hole of World Geopolitics;
2012-09-23: Monsanto – Farm Wars – Genetics – Right to Know Act;
2012-09-23: Une étude choc relance le débat sur la toxicité des OGM;
2012-09-24: Declassified – The Tet Offensive;
2012-09-25: Social Democracy After the Cold War;
2012-09-26: Thousands of Foxconn workers clash with security guards in China;
2012-09-28: CAN THE NAM SUMMIT BRIDGE THE IRAN-EGYPT GAP?
2012-09-29: US Futurologist Michio Kaku: Eternal Life Does Not Violate the Laws of Physics – Part 1;
2012-09-30: The 1% and the 47%.
Archive for September, 2012
2012-09-01: The Pink Floyd (September);
Published on ZNet, by Paul Street, September 23, 2012.
The Narcissism of the Few:
Liberals and others have given Mr. 01 Percent Mitt Romney a well-deserved spanking for his vicious comments on “the 47 percent” at an elite fundraiser earlier this year. I am referring, of course, to the following noxious statement we recently learned the Republican presidential hopeful made to an elite gathering of right wing election investors in the Boca Raton mansion of private equity manager Marc Leder last May: Read the rest of this entry »
Interview published on Spiegel Online International, Sept. 28, 2012.
In his best selling book Physics of the Future, American professor Michio Kaku lays out his vision for the world in 2100. Kaku, the son of Japanese immigrants, spoke to SPIEGEL about a future in which toilets will have health monitoring sensors and contact lenses will be connected to the Internet.
SPIEGEL: Professor Kaku, in your book you write about how we will be like gods in the future. Are you saying that our grandchildren will be gods? Isn’t that a bit immodest?
- Kaku: Just think for a moment about our forefathers in the year 1900. They lived to be 49 years old on average and traveled with horse-drawn wagons. Long distance communication was yelling out the window. If these people could see us today with mobile phones at our ears, Facebook on our screens and traveling with planes they would consider us wizards. Read the rest of this entry »
The NAM Summit, Iran, and Syria, A Coup against the West? – Published on Voltairenet.org, by Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya, Sept. 26, 2012.
The following article was written by Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya before the non-aligned summit. It helps to understand the issues that were at stake and, in retrospect, to appraise Iran’s success. The Movement has been reactivated and a permanent secretariat established, to be chaired for the next three years by Iran, Egypt and Venezuela. Defying the U.S. verboten, the Egyptian President traveled to Tehran. Read the rest of this entry »
… From time to time during the decades when anti-Communism provided so much of the animating spirit of U.S. policy, Judeo-Christian strategists in Washington (not necessarily believers themselves), drawing on the theologically correct proposition that Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God, sought to enlist Muslims, sometimes of fundamentalist persuasions, in the cause of opposing the godless. One especially notable example was the Soviet-Afghan War of 1979-1989. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on WSWS, by John Chan, September 25, 2012.
Taiwan-based Foxconn, the world’s largest outsourcing electronics manufacturer, had to suspend production at one of its major facilities, in the northern Chinese city of Taiyuan, on Monday following a protest during which 2,000 assembly line workers clashed with 1,500 security guards. Read the rest of this entry »
Book Launch by Bryan Evans:
Watch this video, 29.05 min, on Socialist Project.ca, Sept. 19, 2012 (also on YouTube): Edited by Bryan Evans and Ingo Schmidt, published by AU Press. Guest speaker: Leo Panitch. Recorded 19 Sept. 2012 at Ryerson University, Toronto.
More uploads by Left Streamed.
More Channels on YouTube recommended by Left Streamed:
Caution – much violence in this historic video:
Watch this declassified video, 45.14 min, uploaded by (History Tube) HistoryFeed, on 23 Jan 2012: The Tet Offensive in 1968 was a series of crucial battles in the Vietnam War. On 31 January 1968, the first day of the celebration of the Lunar New Year – Vietnam’s most important holiday – the Vietnamese Communists launched a major offensive throughout South Vietnam.
Watch these videos:
- Label GMOs NOW! – H.R. 3553: Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act, 1.18 min, on Farm Wars.info (Source), by Barbara H. Peterson, September 21st, 2012: 112th CONGRESS, 1st Session, H. R. 3553 – To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Federal Meat Inspection Act, and the Poultry Products Inspection Act to require that food that contains a genetically engineered material, or that is produced with a genetically engineered material, be labeled accordingly … This bill is a re-introduction of H.R. 5577. IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, December 2, 2011: … (full comment text and long BILL text with Sections 1 to 6);
- The World According To Monsanto (Full Film), 109.02 min, uploaded by (its a lonely road) The1Truther, on 3 Feb 2012. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Global Research.ca, by Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin GEAB, September 18, 2012.
… In a certain sense, it’s even the contrary, since henceforth it’s no longer possible to hide the global economy’s tragic state behind the pretext of the “Euro or Greek crisis”. The more Euroland advances constructively, the more the “Potemkinien” (2) character of the US, Chinese, Japanese and Brazilian… economies’ « health » will show itself. The tree will no longer hide the forest, namely that all the major global economies are entering recession or slowing growth simultaneously, leading the socio-economic and financial world into a black hole. Read the rest of this entry »
- by (Vangelis): The Joy of Wolves, 5.12 min, Uploaded by thewolfpoet, Feb 16, 2008;
- Lady reunited with wolf pack, part 1 – beautiful, 1.56 min, uploaded by HQviralz, March 25, 2012;
- The Wolves, 5.36 min, Uploaded by Krecika1988, March 12, 2007;
- Wolves – On my way, 3.46 min, Uploaded by TheForestSpirit, Jan 5, 2007;
- Ben Howard: The Wolves, 3.19 min, uploaded by BenHowardVEVO (with many Wolf docs), June 22, 2011;
- Prehistoric Predators: Dire Wolf, 46.41 min, uploaded by Black7Cloud, March 9, 2011;
- Living with Wolves, 95.04 min, uploaded by Black7Cloud, March 8, 2022;
- IMAX – Wolves HD, 39.39 min, uploaded by Black7Cloud, March 9, 2011;
- 23 Top Tracks for WOLVES in autoplay, uploaded by uploaded by Black7Cloud.
Published on Spiegel Online International, REPORTED BY DIETMAR HIPP, PETER MÜLLER, CHRISTOPH PAULY, CHRISTIAN REIERMANN, September 17, 2012.
The German government is pleased with the recent decision by the country’s Constitutional Court that gave the green light to ratify the permanent euro bailout fund. But the celebration may be premature. Some of the conditions set by the court could prove prickly for the government and its final ruling on the case could come with unpleasant surprises … // Read the rest of this entry »
Published on RT, September 17, 2012.
A ripped condom given to Swedish police by one of Julian Assange’s accusers does not contain the WikiLeaks founder’s DNA, forensic scientists have reportedly found.
In a 100-page document shown to Assange’s lawyers, it was revealed that the torn prophylactic, having been examined by staff at two forensic laboratories, did not bear conclusive evidence that Assange had ever worn it, the Daily Mail reported on Sunday. Read the rest of this entry »
Watch these videos:
- The End Of The Line, 25.50 min, published on YouTube (and also on Activist Post), uploaded by RealNewsChannel, September 12, 2012: G. Edward Griffin discusses the future of America and the globe;
- G. Edward Griffin – The Collectivist Conspiracy, 84.55 min;
- An Idea Whose Time Has Come – Freedom Force International, G. Edward Griffin, 83.38 min;
- The Creature From Jekyll Island (by G. Edward Griffin), 107.20 min;
It’s in the air. Union bosses and city officials struck a deal. A previous article headlined Capitulation in Chicago?Final details aren’t known, but bet on it. It’s baked in the cake. By the time this article circulates, it may be official. It practically is now. Unions in Chicago and across America ill represented rank-and-file members for decades. Corporate and government negotiators know it. Beating labor means staying hardline and waiting them out. They’ll cave like they always do. Read the rest of this entry »
- Dead Can Dance: Frontier, 3.05 min, Uploaded by echinopsys, Oct. 29, 2006;
- LOREENA MCKENNITT: A MIDWINTER NIGHT’S DREAM, 54.35 min, uploaded by sebix74, January 21, 2012;
- Mike Oldfield: Song of the Sun, 4.35 min, uploaded by Empyrean77, November 8, 2008;
- Oliver Shanti: Native Americans, 5.09 min, uploaded by melodymelvr, July 13, 2008;
- The Revelation of the Pyramids, 101.51 min, uploaded by DocumentaryPlus, April 7, 2012;
- Taking Flight: In the Same Deep Water, 22.00 min, uploaded by MsClearSpace, Dec. 14, 2011;
- Conversations Between A Wolf And A Firefly, 10.42 min, uploaded by MsClearSpace, Dec. 4, 2011;
- Why in the World are They Spraying? HD, 97.45 min, uploaded by Justin Wallis, December 20, 2010;
- Trance: Falling Star – Compilation 4, 84.10 min, uploaded by Labbetuss5986, November 8, 2011;
- Wonderfull Chill Out Music Love Session, HD, 66.26 min, uploaded by ajpetkov, March 31, 2012;
- The best chilltrance: Chilltrance Wave, 68.10 min, uploaded by kolu4ka23, December 25, 2011;
- Alan Watts: This Is IT: Become What You Are, 41.43 min, uploaded by FreeKwinsie, December 12, 2011;
- Deuter: Gaia Dreaming Herself Awake (Garden of the Gods), 7.45 min, uploaded by RedAmitabha, Oct. 5, 2011;
Published on Worker’s Action, by Cynthia Alvarez, September 13, 2012.
… Occupy provides a valuable function by voicing a public NO to economic injustice and inequality in our society and distributing information about nefarious elite activities. But because of its opposition to leadership and written rules, Occupy can’t move beyond this basic level to become a viable fighting force capable of the positive, complex, constructive action required to re-form society. Read the rest of this entry »
Le constat de deux experts est accablant : la France gaspillerait plus de 10 milliards par an – Publié dans Europe 1, par Gabriel Vedrenne avec Anne Le Gall, le 13 septembre 2012.
L’AFSSAPS* a beau avoir été transformée en Agence du médicament suite au scandale du Mediator, rien n’y fait : le système de contrôle des molécules mises sur le marché reste aussi opaque selon deux spécialistes, les professeurs Philippe Even et Bernard Debré. Ces derniers ont donc décidé de passer au crible les 4.000 médicaments les plus répandus pour en pointer les vertus mais aussi et surtout les dangers. Un gaspillage qui coûte cher en termes de santé mais aussi de finances publiques. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Occupied Chicago Tribune, by OCTRIB, Sept. 12, 2012.
Dyett High School students are not allowed to enter the front door of their school. Instead, the more than 170 students at the Southside high school enter through the back. From there, they must spend their day pushing through other students in the one open hallway, after half of the building was placed off limits. Read the rest of this entry »
Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt and former French President Valéry Giscard d’Estaing are two of the leading architects of the European Union. In a SPIEGEL interview, the veteran statesmen discuss the causes of the euro crisis and the lack of vision among today’s European politicians … // Read the rest of this entry »
Says that 9/11 was “False Flag” Terror, Just Like the Strategy of Tension in Italy – Published on Washington’s Blog, by blog owner, September 9, 2012.
… This week, Judge Imposimato stated publicly in writing that 9/11 was just like the “strategy of tension” carried out in Italy.
Specifically, the former Italian Prime Minister, Italian judges, and the former head of Italian counterintelligence admit that NATO, with the help of the Pentagon and CIA, carried out terror bombings in Italy and other European countries in the 1950s and blamed the communists, in order to rally people’s support for their governments in Europe in their fight against communism. Read the rest of this entry »
Egyptian intellectuals and leftists have been staging demonstrations to press for protecting rights and freedoms – Published on Al-Ahram weekly online, by Ahmed Morsy, 6 – 12 September 2012.
Over 5,000 protesters staged a demonstration at downtown Cairo’s Talaat Harb Square on Friday evening to press for five demands and against the Brotherhoodisation or Muslim Brotherhood domination of state institutions. The protest, which toured the streets downtown for several hours, included leftist parties such as Al-Tagammu, the Egyptian Socialist Party, the Kifaya movement and the Socialist Popular Alliance Party as well as revolutionary socialists and activists. Read the rest of this entry »
You’ve heard for decades about the dangers of high cholesterol, but did you know that LOW cholesterol can lead to violence towards self and other, and has been linked to premature aging, death and other adverse health effects?
Benefits of Cholesterol:
1. Cholesterol Is Needed To Prevent Aggression: Read the rest of this entry »
Published on The Petition Site.com.
Animals at MarineLand in Niagara Falls, Ontario are being kept in appalling conditions, according to former staff. Ex-employees have revealed that unhealthy water caused Marineland’s animals to develop severe health problems. The victims include Larry, a harbour seal, who has gone blind and 5 female dolphins who have lost skin … (full text). Read the rest of this entry »
Imagine if Iran — or any other country — did a fraction of what American and Israel do at will – Published on AlterNet, by Noam Chomsky, September 3, 2012.
It is not easy to escape from one’s skin, to see the world differently from the way it is presented to us day after day. But it is useful to try. Let’s take a few examples: … // Read the rest of this entry »
Published on The Asia-Pacific Journal, Japan Focus, Vol. 10, Issue 36, No. 4, by Gavan McCormack, September 3, 2012.
… In the two years since 2010, the Asia-Pacific region has been roiled by rival territorial claims and counterclaims to islands, islets, and rocks scattered across the East China Sea, Yellow Sea, the Japan Sea and the South China Sea. In 2012 alone, strong claims and counter-claims to insular territories have been made by Japan, China, and Taiwan (Senkakus/Diaoyu), Japan and South Korea (Dokdo/Takeshima), and China, the Philippines and Vietnam among others (South China Sea islets). Read the rest of this entry »
Series of videos about a theme, uploaded by the Krishnamurti Archive:
The 100-member assembly in charge of drafting Egypt’s new constitution has completed much of its job, but thorny issues remain – Published on Al-Ahram weekly online, by Gamal Essam El-Din, 30 August – 5 September 2012.
The five committees belonging to the constituent assembly tasked with drafting Egypt’s new constitution have made a lot of progress over recent days, leading officials to issue a series of statements regarding the approximate completion date of the new constitution. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Dissidenet Voice, by William Blum, August 31, 2012. h
Louis XVI needed a revolution, Napoleon needed two historic military defeats, the Spanish Empire in the New World needed multiple revolutions, the Russian Czar needed a communist revolution, the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires needed World War I, the Third Reich needed World War II, the Land of the Rising Sun needed two atomic bombs, the Portuguese Empire in Africa needed a military coup at home. What will the American Empire need? Read the rest of this entry »