2013-04-01: Solving the Syrian riddle;
2013-04-02: Occupy Sandy builds worker power in Far Rockaway;
2013-04-03: Occupy Vision – Chapter 3: Parpolity;
2013-04-04: Abattoir Alternative: Are Guns More Humane than Slaughterhouses?
2013-04-05: listening Euphonium;
2013-04-06: Video: The Max Keiser Report no 427;
2013-04-07: Darker days ahead?
2013-04-07: UDO POLLMER;
2013-04-08: Videos von NuoVisoProductions;
2013-04-08: Anonymous launches massive cyber assault on Israel;
2013-04-09: France: Parti de Gauche launches ecosocialism;
2013-04-10: videos about finance and money;
2013-04-11: Will Wikileaks survive for more leaks?
2013-04-12: Offshore Leaks – an internet video collection;
2013-04-13: The Super-priority Status of Derivatives, Winner Takes All;
2013-04-14: Capitalism is way to nowhere: with Immortal Technique;
2013-04-14: notre pouvoir est dans nos achats;
2013-04-14: Gedanken zur Memetik;
2013-04-15: Re-Opening the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam;
2013-04-16: How wealth is really distributed;
2013-04-17: Meltdown: Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood;
2013-04-18: twice Noam Chomsky;
2013-04-19: Funerals and their Crowds;
2013-04-20: ECB study shows German households poorer than Cyprus’;
2013-04-21: Creating a New World of Shared Values, Compassion and Cooperation;
2013-04-22: Setting History Free;
2013-04-23: Videos on The Real News Network TRNN;
2013-04-23: L’autonomie de la personne âgée et la société;
2013-04-24: Is full employment possible under capitalism?
2013-04-25: Witch Hunt in middle Ages and today;
2013-04-26: WikiLeaks wins case against Visa contractor ordered to pay ‘$204k per month if blockade not lifted’;
2013-04-27: Posthuman Politics Under Biocapitalism;
2013-04-28: Can Co-ops Save Unions?
2013-04-29: US: Fighting Foreclosures, Making The Banks Pay;
2013-04-30: RE: SLAVES.
Archive for April, 2013
2013-04-01: Solving the Syrian riddle;
Published on Dissident Voice, by Octavius Spaeiouk Ph.D., April 28th, 2013.
You will note that, so far as you, the “free radicals” or “Virul Deviants” (VD) within the system are concerned, that the “willfully ignorant” Selfish Lazy Artificial Vain Enablers of the System (SLAVES) are not the harmless, neutral yahoos you in your “educated” arrogance had assumed them to be. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on ZNet, by Stephen Lerner and Saqib Bhatti, April 25, 2013.
There are two economic stories unfolding in the United States. One is that the stock market is soaring and the super-rich are again getting richer. The very people who caused the 2008 financial collapse have seen their wealth and power grow even greater. At an investor conference in February, JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon even bragged: We actually benefit from downturns … // Read the rest of this entry »
Labor-cooperative partnerships may herald a new strategy for labor–if they can get off the ground – Published on In These Times, by Rebecca Burns, April 25, 2013.
What has 18 owners, no bosses and high hopes for fostering workplace democracy in America? New Era Windows LLC, a worker-owned cooperative formed last year by members of United Electrical Workers (UE) Local 1110. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on New Left Project, interview with Eva Giraud, by Samuel Grove, April, 25, 2013.
Dr Eva Giraud is a member of the Centre for Critical Theory and lecturer in the Department of Culture, Film and Media, University of Nottingham. As part of our series of interviews ‘On Theory’, Samuel Grove discussed with her the ‘posthumanist’ thought of Donna Haraway … //
… -Why would we want to challenge a rights based framework? Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Russia Today RT, April 24, 2013.
Iceland’s Supreme Court has ruled that Valitor (formerly Visa Iceland) must pay WikiLeaks $204,900 per month or $2,494,604 per year in fines if it continues to blockade the whistle-blowing site. The court upheld the decision that Valitor had unlawfully terminated its contract with WikiLeaks’ donation processor, DataCell … //
Witch Hunt in the middle Age:
- The Terror of History: The Witch Hunt in Early Modern Europe, UCLA, 50.55 min, uploaded by UCLA, Dec 1, 2008 (what is hidden in all these stories: this hunt was launched by the aristocrats of these times, to push back people to a lower level. Before this (high middle Age), 80 of 100 professions were also handled by women. When the catholic pope, dominated by the aristocrats, had successfully launched the witch hunt (1349 ff … ), working out of the house was forbidden for any ‘good/submitted’ women, Heidi **); Read the rest of this entry »
Published on political affairs pa, by Sam Webb, March 20, 2013 (first watch a video down of pa’s page: The Debate That Never Happened, 67.24 min, from Phi Kappa Literary Society, on Vimeo).
… At the time, economists thought that the cyclical ups and downs of the economy had been tamed and that full or near-full employment was the normal condition of capitalism, not only here but also in Western Europe and Japan.
But looking back a half-century later, one has to think that this period might well be the exception rather than the rule of capitalist development. Read the rest of this entry »
thème d’un travail noté pendant des études de travailleur social – voir le diaporama transformé en pdf:
voir aussi février 2013: on diving ships – and down in the deep – my pure nostalgia.
- Manufacturing Consent, 25 Years Later, 11.43 min, by Paul Jay, April 21, 2013: Edward S. Herman (co-author with Noam Chomsky of “Manufacturing Consent’): All the problems of the propaganda media model we talked about in the book have grown worse; new media like Real News show potential but need funding for more investigative journalism;
- 28-year old PhD student debunks the most influential austerity study, 16.16 min, by Paul Jay, April 19, 13: New study refutes Reinhart and Rogoff analysis that underpins austerity policy around the world; shows no relation between debt and lack of growth;
- Full Transparency Needed to Close Down Tax Havens and Massive Fraud, 12.39 min, by Paul Jay, April 14, 2013: Read the rest of this entry »
Bringing together two inspirational investigators of our hidden past and uncertain future, this unique dialogue between David Wilcock and Graham Hancock takes us on a roller-coaster ride through the wonders of ancient civilisations and into the mysterious nature of reality itself. What is the Ark of the Covenant? Why is its loss the greatest riddle of the Bible? Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Global Research.ca, by Margaret Flowers and Kevin Zeese, April 19, 2013.
… The Boston Bombing also reminds us of the violence that the US inflicts every day in other parts of the world. We can’t imagine what it is like to hear drones overhead twenty four hours a day and know that they could strike at any moment just because you behave in a certain way. As S. Brian Willson who is a Viet Nam veteran and peace activist writes, ”We are not worth more. Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Russia Today RT, April 10, 2013 (see also: The Poverty Lie – Part 1: How Europe’s Crisis Countries Hide their Wealth).
The poorest households in Eurozone are in Germany, whereas households in Luxembourg and debt burdened Cyprus top the list as the wealthiest, according to the ECB study. The data gathered in 2008-2010 may not however reflect the current situation.
The European Central Bank’s survey sparked debate on how much EU taxpayers’ money should be directed to help troubled economies in the Eurozone. Read the rest of this entry »
watch two different funerals in photos and videos:
Hugo Chavez’s funeral in venezuela with a huge crowd, people will remember him for a long time:
- Photo on Socialist Unity;
- pictures on Google-Images-search ;
- Video: Hugo Chavez’s Funeral in Venezuela /3/6/13, 5.23 min, uploaded by lotnivotv, March 6, 2013;
- Videos on YouTube-search;
Margaret Thatcher’s funeral in London, elites will remember her for a long time:
- Photo on Socialist Unity;
- pictures on Google-Images-search (incl. this one – click on play slideshow);
- Video: Dawn military rehearsal for Margaret Thatcher funeral, 1.47 min, uploaded by telegraphtv, April 15, 2013;
- Videos on YouTube-search.
Boston Mourns Marathon Bombing Victims, 12 Photo in the Spiegel Online International’s Photo Gallery, April 17, 2013.
uploaded by MyUCD (University College Dublin):
- 1): Can civilisation survive really existing capitalism? 47.17 min, uploaded April 3, 2013: UCD Philosophy Society Inaugural Lecture 2013, full story;
- 2): Noam Chomsky: Language Use and Design: conflicts and their significance, 108.03 min, uploaded April 9, 2013;
Find also on UCD YouTube channels:
a failed state and an imploding regime. Or is it just the latter? – Published on Al-Ahram weekly online, by Dina Ezzat, April 10, 2013;
Mariam, a 29-year-old civil servant, walked for two hours with her husband Emad and daughters Dalia and Dina to reach the Coptic Cathedral in Abbasiya as news spread about violent attacks against mourners attending the funeral mass of four Copts killed during sectarian clashes in Khosous. “I was afraid that the Cathedral would be burned,” Mariam said … // Read the rest of this entry »
Watch this video, 6.24 min, published on The Confluence, by riverdaughter, April 13, 2013 … // … The point of this video is not to attack wealth. The point is that it is concentrated in the hands of too few people to the detriment of everyone else. A corporate CEO does not work 380X harder than his accountant and even garbagemen deserve a living wage. For too many people, a living wage is not a reality. (full text).
- Opening Rijksmuseum, uploaded by taxi1108, April 13, 2013: Deel 1, 2.28 min, Deel 2, 2.04 min;
- in flamse: Making of Rijksmuseum, 13.41 min, uploaded by rijksoverheid, April 4, 20113;
- Doc: Rijksmuseum (State Museum) Amsterdam HD, Rembrandt van Rijn, 10.42 min, uploaded by HDCinemagic1, March 21, 2013;
- Opening Rijksmuseum Amsterdam door Koningin Beatrix, 3.12 min, uploaded by Sabine der Witte, April 13, 2013;
- Euronews/le mag, 2.04 min, uploaded by Euronews, April 8, 2013;
- Amsterdam, Rembrandt Flashmob: The Night Watch HD, 1.06 min, uploaded by ThisIsMyGeorgia, April 6, 2013;
- Rijksmuseum Amsterdam: Houswarming vóór de officiële opening, 4.01 min, uploaded by Marije Hendrikx, April 11, 2013.
last update: The Google Art Project.com.
Boycott Monsanto: A Simple List of Companies to Avoid, on Fractured Paradigm, April 2, 2013.
Published on Russia Today RT, April 12, 2013.
Watch this video, 14.40 min: Corporations ‘are making too much money off of this stage of evolution, the capitalism, to stop and get off us to the next level’, the American rapper Immortal Technique (Felipe Andres Coronel, born February 19, 1978) said in an interview with RT. The musician says the only thing that people are separated by is language and the inability to understand, that humanity has no other choice but to shift to a new economic idea doing away with devastating capitalism. But unfortunately people choose not to understand, he adds.
RT: When Hugo Chavez passed away you took to Twitter to discuss his leadership, his legacy. You clearly sparked some debate. No doubt that Chavez was a huge figure in South American politics. How do you believe his death will impact the continent? Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Dissident Voice, by Ellen Hodgson Brown, April 11, 2013.
… Why Derivatives Threaten Your Bank Account:
- The big risk behind all this is the massive $230 trillion derivatives boondoggle managed by US banks. Derivatives are sold as a kind of insurance for managing profits and risk; but as Satyajit Das points out in Extreme Money, they actually increase risk to the system as a whole. Read the rest of this entry »
- The Tax Free Tour, 53.05 min, uploaded by VPROinternational, March 25, 2013: Where do multinationals pay taxes and how much?” Gaining insight from international tax experts, Backlight director Marije Meerman (’Quants’ & ‘Money & Speed’), takes a look at tax havens, the people who live there and the routes along which tax is avoided globally …;
- BBC panorama: the tax haven twins, 27.44 min, uploaded by Documentaries Best, March 21, 2013;
- Offshore Legal, uploaded by panamamagazine, March 18, 2009: Part 1/2, 9.52 min, Part 2/2, 8.48 min;
- Stephen Baker: Some practical experiences in an offshore jurisdiction, 43.01 min, uploaded by PublishWhatYouPay, Norway, Feb 25, 2013;
- Offshore Banks & Money Laundering, 159.23 min, uploaded by DisclosureBubble, Nov 24, 2012: Former Cayman Islands banking insider Robert Landori joined Ian Punnett for a discussion on the mega-trillion-dollar world of offshore banking and money laundering as well as the movers, shakers, con-men, and criminals who inhabit it …; Read the rest of this entry »
Published on The Economic Times, by Rajesh Kalra, April 10, 2013.
In 2006, the year WikiLeaks was founded, its charismatic and controversial chief editor (he does not call himself the founder or director) Julian Assange had spelt out his vision of what the organisation would be all about. More importantly, he knew the impact his work would make. In one of his earliest blogs in the same year, he wrote, “The more secretive or unjust an organisation is, the more leaks induce fear and paranoia in its leadership and planning coterie,” Read the rest of this entry »
watch this video: manifesto Jean-Luc Mélenchon on ecosocialism, 13.23 min, spoken in french, subtitled in english, (also on YouTube ), published on LINKS, International Journal of Socialist Renewal, March 29, 2013 (translation by Nadira Akbaraly, Tatiana Jarzabek and Sylvain Savier).
… We point to the real culprits: the financial oligarchy and the ideologists who advocate “free and fair” competition and trade.
Getting out of the current impasse and taking the path of human progress: Read the rest of this entry »
Published on Russia Today RT, April 7, 2013.
Hacktivist group Anonymous has launched a second massive cyber attack against Israel, dubbed #OpIsrael. The collective threatens to “disrupt and erase Israel from cyberspace” in protest over its mistreatment of Palestinians. Dozens of Israeli websites were unavailable as of early Sunday … //
… On Friday, Israeli radio reported that scores of large organizations had closed their websites to shield them from hacker attacks. Read the rest of this entry »
von NuoViso, (mehr sehen als anderswo) auf YouTube hochgeladen:
- Bewußtsein in Resonanz: Zu Besuch bei Kymatikforscher Alexander Lauterwasser, 12.12 min, am 3. Februar 2013 hochgeladen. Für den Film “Epos Dei – Die geheimnisvolle Ordnung hinter den Dingen” war das Drehteam von NuoViso zu Gast im Experimentallabor von Alexander Lauterwasser …;
- Mehr sehen als Anderswo, 85.05 min, am 26. Juni 2012 auf YouTube hochgeladen;
- Die 9 Unterwelten der kosmischen Evolution (Feature: “Tzolkin – die verborgene Ordnung der Zeit”), 8.55 min, am 6. November 2011 auf YouTube hochgeladen;
- Geometrie, Raumzeit und Bewusstsein, mit Andreas Beutel, 59.51 min, am 29. August 2012 hochgeladen. Read the rest of this entry »
von fuerdaseule auf YouTube hochgeladen:
- Karriere der Giftpflanze Soja, 6.19 min, am 30. Dezember 2010 hochgeladen;
- Gute Studie – schlechte Studie, 18.50 min, am 29. März 2013 hochgeladen;
- Energieverbrauch des Körpers, 6.44 min, am 13. Feb 2011 hochgeladen;
Is an economic catastrophe looming? – Published on Al-Ahram weekly online, by Niveen Wahish, April 3, 2013.
Emergency rechargeable lamps are selling like hot cakes as the public prepares for yet more power cuts. As hard currency reserves plummet, the government is finding it increasingly difficult to keep power stations supplied with the fuel they need.
Since January 2011 Egypt has seen its foreign reserves fall by $20 billion. Currently they cover less than three months’ supply of essential imports. Read the rest of this entry »